Monsignor George J. Kennedy
Founding pastor of Saint Agatha Catholic Church, the first church built within the young community of Upper Arlington. Developed on 19 acres of swampland and forest at the northern boundary of the village of Upper Arlington in 1940. Saint Agatha Parish grew and prospered under his guidance to become one of the most respected diocese of Columbus.
He also established a parish elementary school, grounded in Christian values and dedicated to excellence in education. Saint Agatha School flourishes yet today, providing early education for many children in Upper Arlington.
Respected for his foresight, leadership and community involvement, Monsignor Kennedy was a confidant, confessor and friend to thousands during his 38 years as pastor in Upper Arlington.