Help Support the Historical Society
As a non-profit organization, we rely heavily on dues, donations, and volunteers to continue our work to Discover, Preserve, and Celebrate the history of Upper Arlington. Membership is open to all; you don't have to be a current resident to join.
Become a Member
With new member-only events, member discounts, and the upcoming Centennial celebration in UA, there has never been a better time to join the Upper Arlington Historical Society.
Join today either:
1) Online with PayPal
2) With a personal check by filling out the membership application and returning it to the Upper Arlington Historical Society, 2800 Tremont Road, Upper Arlington, Ohio 43221.
You will begin receiving our quarterly newsletter, emails about upcoming events, and invites to Society activities. In addition, you will be supporting an important community resource.
Make a Donation
In addition to membership dues, the Upper Arlington Historical Society relies upon donations of all sizes to ensure our rich history is preserved and celebrated for generations to come. Please feel free to gift any amount you see fit. Donors of $100 or more will be recognized as "Benefactors" of the Society.
Looking to get involved? We always welcome volunteers!
Current opportunities include:
- Event planning, staffing (Annual Meeting, Taste of UA, etc.)
- Fundraising (Trolley Tour planning, merchandise sales)
- Oral Histories (recording, transcribing)
- Communications (contributing to newsletter, photography, social media efforts)
- Archives (cataloging new donations)
- Preservation Committee (documenting homes in the historic district that are threatened with demolition, encouraging donations to our archives)
For more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DONATE HISTORICAL ITEMS
If you have items of historical value to the Upper Arlington Historical Society (i.e. old Norwester Magazines, newspaper ads, items relating to the King Thompson Co.) that you would like to donate, please contact us as at email@example.com.
In addition, the Upper Arlington library occasionally holds "Digitization Days" for local organizations and residents to bring in items that have historical significance, but with which they do not want to physically donate. Images of these items are scanned and noted for their historical significance. If you wish to participate in one of these scanning days, please let us know at the email address above.